GUIDE FOR PRINTING OUT PAGES FROM THIS SITE
rest assured that I welcome you printing out pages from my site. Don't worry about those
copyright notices. They just mean I want to hang on to legal ownership of the stuff I
write for future books. Until that day, please feel free to copy and even adapt them
for your own use or for friends as long as you don't charge anyone for them* and you do
acknowledge me as the author and owner of the copyright on each page like this. .......
BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO PRINT IT OUT SO......
HOW TO PRINT PAGES
Most people can print directly from the screen without losing part of each line.
If you find the right hand side of each line is being cut off try the following.
Copy and paste the text to your favourite word processor package, MS Word, Word Perfect, Word Pro. Then highlight it again in the word processor screen and reformat the type size, paper size and style to suit. Important. Check that page or sheet size, margins and printer settings are all the way you want them. They may have been changed when you did the paste. Graphics and tables may need to be copied separately and reinserted in the word processor page..
The above works for all websites not just mine.
If the above is too concise, here is a step by step (very detailed) way of saying the same thing that should get what you want on the printed page:
First leave Growing Awareness site temporarily and start up your favourite word processor package, MS Word, Word Perfect, Word Pro or whatever then go back to the screen in Growing Awareness that you want to print.
1. Click the flashing cursor anywhere on the page that is within the text area that you want to print out
2. Move the mouse pointer arrow up to Edit on the top menu and left click to pull the edit menu down
3. Move mouse pointer down to "select all" and left click. This should highlight all the text on that page
4. Move the mouse pointer arrow up to Edit again on the top menu and left click to pull the edit menu down
5. Move mouse pointer down to "copy" and left click. This should copy ALL the text on that page
6. Leave Growing Awareness site temporarily and go back to your word processor package, MS Word, Word Perfect, Word Pro or whatever.
7.Move the mouse pointer arrow up to Edit in the word processor menu and left click to pull the edit menu down
8. Move mouse pointer down to "paste" and then select "Paste Special" and finally select "unformatted text"
Then left click. This should paste ALL the text you copied into the word processor. You may have to copy and paste tables and graphics separately and re insert them into the word processor pages.
9. Important. Highlight all text (select all) in the word processor screen then check that your page or sheet size, margins and printer settings are all the way you want them. They may have been changed when you did the paste.
10. You may need to reformat the type size, justification and style to suit your printer. Try printing a page first them if not successful, highlight all text (select all) in the word processor screen and reformat to suit your printer and paper size.
11. Print out another test page. The if all is OK print it all. If you want to you can then save the file as a standard word processor.doc file and pass it on to other people by e-mail
*If you want to use my articles
professionally or charge clients a fee for them, each sheet you hand out must include full
acknowledgment of copyright ownership as follows
RETURN TO GROWING AWARENESS HOME PAGE